DOCS FOR CHANGE- ONE DAY CONFERENCE
A day of panels and workshops exploring critical connections between language, community engagement, social justice and documentary media.
When? Friday, Oct. 16, 8:30 AM – 4 PM
Where? 789 Don Mills Road North York, ON, M3C 1T5 (Triovest Conference Centre)
Over the last two years, MCIS Language Services and the DOC Institute have joined and collaborated with a number of organizations on a unique initiative, Docs for Change, aimed at harnessing the power of documentary film to encourage community dialogue, inspire civic engagement and combat isolation in newcomer communities across the GTA.
WHO IS THIS CONFERENCE FOR?
This conference is aimed to gather service provider agencies, language service professionals, community outreach workers, filmmakers and general public interested in the learnings gathered under this program.
Our forum will address:
- Community engagement through documentary media: hands-on tools, case studies and “how to” kits for community screenings
- Missing opportunities for accessibility and community impact (intersection of media and language)
- Furthering organizational mission using documentaries
- Shifting trends in reaching and engaging stakeholders through media
- Reviewing the Docs for Change Program and its impact 2013-15
Accessibility Pass $10 (unemployed, students and seniors)
General Pass $20 (regular admission)
Refreshments, Lunch, and Certificates of Attendance provided.
Web page: http://www.documentariesforchange.org/